How we nourish ourselves is a major biological factor affecting anxiety and depression. Come learn about this upcoming 9-month Sunday program. Includes 9 Sundays by Berkeley BART and 8 conference calls. When you nourish your mood, you will:
1. Use strategies for eating to balance your mood
2. Learn the delicious foods research indicates support ongoing positive mood
3. Increase confidence in choosing foods that make you happy and well
4. Decrease anxiety and depression naturally
5. Carefully chart what changes you notice over time to discover precisely what works for your mood, sleep, energy, and sex drive.
6. Accept your body’s uniqueness
* EVIDENCE-BASED * BODY-POSITIVE * SIZE-POSITIVE * FOOD-POSITIVE
Reba Connell, LCSW, LCS 19814, is deeply engaged with science-based and traditional approaches to healing through food and self-care. Her trainings include a professional training in teaching Mindful Eating through UCSD; Food As Medicine; The Gut Brain; and Preventing and Managing Chronic Inflammation: Special Focus: Nutritional Interventions; and Nutritional and Complementary Treatments for Mental Health Disorders. The primary researchers and clinicians she studies include leaders in nutrition mental health and functional medicine like Mark Hyman MD; Dr. Leslie Korn; and Kelly Brogan, MD.
CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. SCRC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SCRC maintains responsibility for the program and its content. SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association. For questions about CE, please contact www.spiritualcompetency.com or David at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.