A day-long celebration of power and possibility for Bay Area girls and their families. The 2016 & 2017 festivals attracted over 7,000 attendees and were amazing—some said life-changing—events and they expect the same level of impact and excitement this year.
This year’s program will feature many of the favorite activities from our first two events PLUS some very exciting new additions. Here are the highlights….
• Main Stage—performances throughout the day by girls’ singing, dancing, music and acting troops
• Exhibition—50+ local and global organizations who provide services and support to girls showcase their programs
• Workshops—20+ workshops on topics ranging from body image, health and safety, to career planning, leadership, advocacy and human trafficking
• Girlpreneur Competition—our own gentle version of Shark Tank where girls present their business ideas in front of a panel of supportive judges
• Sports and activity arena—shoot hoops, throw balls, dance, practice yoga, learn to skateboard and much more
• Maker’s Space—a day-long array of activities featuring everything STEAM—from separating DNA and 3D printing, to designing fabrics, making films, creating sculptures and more
• Panel discussions—multiple panels of amazing women from Olympic athletes to girls risking their lives fighting for human rights in remote countries around the world
• Mentoring sessions—industry-specific sessions with 40+ senior women who talk about their careers, answer questions and offer support
• STEM classes—multiple sessions throughout the day to learn to code, program robots, build a drone and much more
• In the works for 2018—a film festival, artwork competition, a global app contest, and presentations from social entrepreneurs making a difference around the world
Learn more at www.worldwidewomen.co.