PRASADA FESTIVAL is a daylong celebration of kirtan and classical Indian dance in the beautiful small town of Occidental, CA (about 90 min. north of San Francisco).
OUR VISION is to bring our community together for an experience of traditional bhakti arts and culture, loving service, and devotion to the One who is known by many names.
OUR ETHOS holds diversity, inclusiveness, and accountability to the source traditions and cultures we are coming together to celebrate as paramount. We are committed to social justice, equity and compassionate activism, and we support each other in upholding spiritual principles through our work together.
- Featuring kirtan with Sheela Bringi, Prajna Vieira & the Mukti Kirtan Ensemble, David Estes & Ananda Rasa Kirtan, and Nagavalli.
- Classical Odissi dance by Revital Carroll and Advanced (Kathak) Students of Guru Pta. Shambhavi Dandekar
- MC Shivani Hawkins & Guest Speakers
- Altars & Arati/Ceremony by K.D. McComb
- Opening Ceremony, blessing, and acknowledgment of indigenous land and peoples with Judy Talgoun
- Art by Ekabhumi Ellik, Jennifer Mazzucco, and Mahaveer Swami
- Dancing Mama Clothing Boutique
- Delicious vegetarian prasad feast (included) by Lata Pagare of Lata's Indian Cuisine.
- & More!!!
Prajna and Sheela will be doing a workshop on Sunday - details TBA soon! Occidental and the surrounding areas are really lovely - close to beach and redwoods - perfect for if anyone would like to come for the whole weekend!
Suggested areas are:
Occidental: 2-10 mins
Monte Rio: 15 mins
Guerneville: 30 mins
Sebastopol: 18 mins
Bodega: 20 mins
Santa Rosa: 20-30mins