Address given out after rsvp and payment
San Francisco, CA 94127
WOMEN'S EARTHY EROTICA GATHERING: OCTOBER- Blood Moon - "Red Moon Mysteries".... featuring Lilith, the first woman on top, goddess of menstruation and empowered sexuality.
Hello beautiful women!
You are invited to the next "Earthy Erotica" Women's Sex-Positive Pagan Moon Circle on Friday, October 11th in a lovely home in San Francisco. This luscious gathering will include the opportunity to create sisterhood, dive deep into our personal shares, playful craft making, connection to the outdoor garden, delicious appetizers honoring the foods of the month, & a sacred container to explore self pleasuring with the intention of using erotic touch as a vehicle for spiritual transcendence.
October is the month called the Blood Moon. The Blood Moon appears during the autumn season as there's more atmosphere in the sky during that time, cause the reddish coloring of the full moon. It is also a time when when game is fattened, and hunters spend time hunting game and preparing meat for the coming winter. Since this is the Blood Moon month, we naturally will be focusing on the Red Moon Mysteries that the Blood Moon symbolizes.
In October, we will be working with the Sumerian/Babylonian goddess Lilith. Lilith is the goddess that represents menstruation and women's sexual empowerment. Since the feminist movement, Lilith has been brought back into mythology as the deity for women to turn to to feel proud of our bodies, of our strong feminity, and of being sensual, earth based beings. Much erotic magic will be created on this night as we invoke Lilith and the Red Moon Mysteries. Get ready to howl at the moon, sisters! This night is for you!
WHAT TO BRING: Please come already fed(some snacks in relationship to the moon will be provided), & bring a water bottle, a notebook or writing pad, a blindfold or eye mask, earplugs, a towel, a jacket for being outside, a light blanket, and your awesome, open self.
LOCATION: This gathering will be held in a private San Francisco home in the Glen Park/Miraloma neighborhood. Parking is easy, plentiful, & safe...& the Glen Park Bart is only a mile away.
COST: This gathering is $20-$30 sliding scale. Please RSVP by Friday, October 11th at 2pm in order to have both a head count, payment info, & the address.
ATTIRE: Red and orange are the colors for this gathering. Also any horns, vines, or feather wings...& anything you feel comfy in.
See you all on October 11th!
Earthy Erotica is a monthly event of sensual and spiritual arts for women based on nature, moon cycles, and mythology. These ongoing gatherings are open to female identified people who are interested in bridging Pagan mythology with using our bodies as tools for ritualistic sex magic. Every month we will gather on various Fridays from 7pm-10pm and learn about ancient earth-based lore. Some of what we will study is:
* what each moon of the month represents in relation to nature and our psyche
* honoring and learning about various goddess deities connected to the season
* using various plants, yummy vegetables, and fruits in ceremony
* invoking songs and prayers at the outdoor medicine wheel
* asking a question that is pertinent to our lives in relation to the moon and season
* create a self pleasuring ritual, held in a private, discreet, and sacred container (this is not for show, everyone who participates wears a blindfold/eye mask and earplugs so they can go deeper into their own experience. This is done similarly to a medicine journey which is about each individual's private encounter. And there is no pressure to engage in this piece either, a simple hand on heart-and-genitals is perfectly acceptable as well :).
* writing down what messages we may have attained during our self pleasuring ritual
* closing the container with heart shares and a delicious raw-vegan dessert
OUR PURPOSE: These gatherings are being created with the intention of bridging together earth based spirituality with the power of female sexuality. In classic paganism, humans honored nature cycles with a connection to both plants and flesh, and various rituals around sexuality were done all over the world in a variety of cultures. Some of these practices have been lost over the years due to the rise of patriarchy and organized religion. With these gatherings, our intention is to bring back conscious sacred connections to the female body in a lovely container. And at the end of a full year, we will be taking the teachings of what we learned and turn it into our very own personal We-Moon calendar for each year that follows.
Looking forward to seeing all your beautiful faces soon!
-see more info about upcoming gatherings at www.earthyerotica.com